The widespread of technology has made it possible for smart devices to constantly listen to their users’ interaction. We are all surrounded by smart devices that include: Smart Watches, Amazon Alexa, Siri, Smart Video Doorbell.
Big companies like Facebook and Amazon have claimed that they use these recordings for the sole purpose of improving customer experience.
However, if you don’t want these companies to breach your privacy, there are certain ways through which you can stop smart devices from listening to you:
- Go to: amazon.com/alexaprivacysettings.
- Select Manage How Your Data Improves Alexa.
- Toggle buttons & turn off voice recording feature.
- Say the command: “Alexa, delete everything I said today.”
- Go to: https://myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols,
- Scroll to Voice & Audio Activity.
- Toggle the button to turn off voice recording.
- Click on Manage Activity
- Filter and delete any recordings you desire.
SMART VIDEO DOORBELL
To Ensure no one hacks into your video doorbell & uses it to record you:
Create a strong, unguessable password for your doorbell account and Wi-Fi network. Limit number of people to access your home Wi-Fi and doorbell account.
To turn off your cell phone’s microphone for certain apps Like Facebook & Google:
- Go to Settings => Apps => Menu => App Permissions.
- Click on Microphone and press toggle buttons to turn off microphone permissions.
- Limit who has access to your home Wi-Fi and doorbell account.
- Go to Settings => Privacy => Microphone.
- Toggle the buttons off to not allow certain apps access to your iPhone’s microphone.
Prologic Technologies is a Credible Digital Agency for Bespoke WebRTC, Mobile & Web App Development, Custom eCommerce Platforms, Telemedicine Solutions, UI/UX Designs, Alexa Skills, and Chatbots.
Explore our services to know more about us.
You can also follow us on Twitter.