Responsive web design is gaining popularity due to rise of mobile culture. If your website is not accessible on smart phone or tab then don’t expect users to ever come back to your website again.
While designing a responsive website the layout has to be managed for all device types and major screen sizes. This flexibility is achieved using UI UX frameworks like bootstrap or Zurb. Then fine tuning it for multiple browsers is done via @media queries for different screen resolutions. Here are a few reasons as why it’s necessary to create responsive and mobile friendly websites and how it can increase user traffic to your website.
1. Over 60% of user traffic comes from mobile users. If your website is not mobile friendly then you are highly likely to loose this segment of users and will significantly reduce your reach.
2. Mobile browsing is on rise each day and people feel more comfortable using mobile internet as it provides easy of use and flexibility to access the web content anywhere – anytime. Having a mobile responsive web design for your website will certainly lead to more customer engagement and higher satisfaction.
3. It showcases your UI UX skills to users. The better your responsive layout the better your skill rating will be among your user base.
4. Helps in better SEO ranking on search engines. Search engines ranks mobile friendly websites higher as they can capture more audience.
5. Reduced response time and better connectivity with your users while they are on move is possible only via a mobile friendly and responsive web design.
After all your website is your first impression to your users and potential clients, so it is absolutely necessary to make this first impression right and to the best of your skills and capabilities.